Thursday, September 10, 2009

A New Baby and More of Baily's Infected Eye

Hip hip hooray! I have a new nephew! He is the cutest little guy ever! Tami was able to start into labor on her own (3 hours before she was scheduled to be induced) and she had Spencer Jay Higbee at 1 am on Wednesday morning( 9-9-09). She labored so well and we were all so impressed with how she tolerated the pain. I am so proud of my baby sis.


Spencer was 8 lbs. 1 oz. (pretty good for 12 days over due) and has the most adorable blond hair. It was such a privilege to be able to see him come into this world. I can't wait to get to know him!
Baily woke up Tuesday morning with her eye looking like this.
It was 10 times worse. I took her back to the doctor and they diagnosed her with orbital cellulitious, an infection that gets into the tissue around the eye. There is risk of it getting into the optical nerve or even into the brain. But heaven was looking down on us because it could have been a lot worse and she didn't have the usual pain and fevers with it.

The doctor gave us a stronger antibiotic...when I say strong I mean an $80 antibiotic...all I have to say is that better do some serious bacteria killing! Her eye looks sooooo much better, and she is going to be just fine. Thank goodness for prayer and medicine!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Holy COW that's a cute baby! He's adorable!

I'm so glad Baily's eye is healing. And too bad that didn't happen at Halloween. That would have been a great addition to some sort of sweet monster costume. :)

The Laters said...

Her poor eye! I am glad to hear that it is getting better. Spencer is such a cutie!

Gibson Family said...

Congratulations on being an Aunt again. I love his birthday 9-9-09 almost worth waiting 12 extra days for. I tried with Lucas to have him 3-3-03. He came a day early.

Charlotte said...

Congrats. I'm glad she finally had her baby. I can't believe she had to wait 12 days past her due date, poor woman.

Connie Robinson said...

Tell Tami Congrats! He looks so cute.
Poor little eye, I hope it's not bothering her as much as it bothers us to look at. I hope it goes away quickly.