Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Get My Hard Head from my Father!

I have realized over the years that I am a slightly hard headed person. It has taken me years to admit it, but it's true. I don't necessarily think I am stubborn or ungiving (is ungiving a word???) but it takes me a while to "get" things. Things like;

a.)If I put my keys in the same place every time I won't loose them. You'd think after the 2nd time of loosing your keys you would find a SPOT for your keys so you didn't have to go through the whole Oh-crap-where-are-my-keys-I-am-already-late deal. Not this thick sculled gal!

b.) If you put your clothes directly in the laundry basket at night you won't curse when you have to pick up "SUCH A HUGE MESS" the next day.

c.) If you leave 10 minutes early for everything, you may get there on time, and I will follow that up with, Not now, not every, does it only take "a quick sec" to pile all the kids into the van when you are going somewhere. It always, and I mean always takes at least 15 minutes with several trips back inside for who knows what.

d.)If you actually thought about dinner before 6:00 pm you wouldn't have hungry grumpy kids at 7:00pm who think they were going to starve to death. This doesn't always happen, but more times than I would like to admit.

e.) Read your scriptures every day and you will be happier...

f.) Communicate with your husband because he doesn't know what you are thinking. There is no "sigh" or slamming of cupboards that I have discovered to date that tells you how he feels.

It think that is all for now, I have humiliated my self enough.

Please give me an AMEN SISTA if you feel the same in any of these areas...please.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Yeah, I am still trying to figure those out. Although I didn't get my hard head from your father (but I'm pretty sure my husband got it from the same place he did!)

Kari said...

um... AMEN

Connie Robinson said...

Did you just go over my life or yours. My husband is always telling me (with not just keys but everything) to find a place and always put it in the same place. That woule just make life too easy. I just like to live by the saying -if life were easy it wouldn't be hard.

Unknown said...

I think we must be related. I think I've finally figured out the keys thing, yet I still tend to lose my cell phone and other various things. But, everything sounds pretty much like me. :)

Unknown said...

Amen sista!