Monday, May 11, 2009

Baily Decided She Needed Bangs

Baily came to me the other day and told me that she had a surprise for me. I looked at her for a good 15 seconds before I realized just what that surprise was. When I noticed that she had cut chunks off of both sides of her head I freaked out. She ran into her room and hid under her blanket on her bed and cried for a half hour.
I let her cry for a while so I could cool down (and find the said scissors and stray strands of golden hair) I figured that she learned her lesson when I went in to find her and she said, "Mommy, do you hate me?"
It really isn't that noticeable and I am just grateful that she didn't cut more, or cut it closer to her scalp. I usually do well at keeping the scissors away from little hands, but as it turns out...not that well!


3 comments:

Ruth said...

Have you noticed Emma's bangs?? She did the same thing!! When I asked her why on earth she had done such a thing, she just looked at me and said, "Mommy because I wanted to be beautiful." I had to talk with her for a while and explain that she already was beautiful, no improvement needed. Maybe Bailey just wanted to be beautiful too.

Anonymous said...

hey, it dosen't look all that bad. same thing happend in my house a couple years ago. let me just say i wish baily cut there hair insted of Mckenna

Tami said...

Things like this always make for a great story...some time in the (far) future that is! At least her older sister didn't tell on her ;)