Friday, May 1, 2009

You Can't Draw Water From an Empty Well


"You Can't Draw Water From an Empty Well". I remember hearing that quote given at General Conference last year. It has stuck with me. Well, let me just tell you...my well was running on low. My cup was empty.
My sweet mother, who is so in tune with the spirit, and also with me, took Baily and Malia for the day (9:30am-5:30pm) Tyler and Kylee were in school, and then after school Tyler went to his cousin T's house. Friday is the only day we don't babysit, and so James and I had the entire day to ourselves! No kids asking for food, or toys. No kids needing to be fed or changed.
Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom and LIVE for it, but did I mention the dryness of the well??? Dry-dry.

So James and I got went to Jamba Juice after we dropped the girls off, and picked up a pie from Maria Calendars. Than we came home and watched the Will Smith movie Seven Pounds and ate take-out food from Chili's (I am going to need to run an extra mile tomorrow...let me tell ya!) It was so relaxing and really did rejuvenate us.

It is amazing how one day away from your kids will make you appreciate them more, and appreciate your calling as a parent. My cup runneth over now.

4 comments:

Kari said...

I know. I know. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Tausha...I love you too :) I hope that's okay to say :P I love that you are so receptive to the needs of your family, that you know how important it is to be close to the Lord and have His spirit...but also, that you are *real :) You make me feel better about needing a pick-me-up every once in a while too, so for that, I'm thankful. I'm glad to hear about your fun day with James :) You deserve it :)

David said...

I agree... you deserve it.
I don't think it makes someone a bad parent if they want to be away from their kids every now and then... I also don't think it bad to have murderous thoughts (acting on them is very different) but like the title says "love is an action"
you say it very well :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad we were able to keep Tyler that day. I marvel at the two of you and what you do everyday. You're an inspiration, you deserved a break and a chance to relax. And I'm not just saying that! Let me know when I can help again :)