Friday, October 16, 2009

The older and wiser I get...

...the more I realize I don't know anything. I will be 30 in 2 months. I have always been excited to turn 30 and I actually appreciate and welcome each birthday. I wouldn't go back to being 20 for a million bucks (okay, maybe a million). But, I have come to terms that I just don't know squat. So...here is what I do know:

-There will never be a morning that I like.
-I will come in contact daily with poop or pee or vomit.
-I will always have snot or slobber on my shirt.
-I will always do, at least once day, something I tell my kids not to do because it isn't polite, constructive or appropriate.
-I will always walk over piles of laundry to go out to the garage.
-I will always pretend I had no idea how many calories are in a bowl of ice cream.
-I know how to do 3 girls hair everyday.
-I know how to make dinner, do homework, keep a toddler entertained and keep the living room picked up all at the same time.
-I know how to read Hop on Pop, and all the other Dr. Sues books in funny voices.
-I know that I never do enough for my friends.
-I know that I will always go to sleep with a list of things I didn't do and must do tomorrow.

Most importantly I do know that I will always be called "Mother" and "Wife" and "Friend". With all of these great responsibilities comes a whole to do each day, but I wouldn't choose to do anything different. Just look at the above list. I wouldn't know anything if It wasn't for my family and people that I care about!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear ya sista! I don't know squat either... Funny how I'm embracing that fact more and more as I get older, but 10 years ago I SO thought I knew it all.

P.S. You are one of the best friends a girl could have! You know, besides my mom and husband :)

Tami said...

30!! Man we are getting old, huh? :)

Kari said...

can I please cut and paste this post and then post it on my blog for all the world to see. Taush- you hit the nail on the head! Go on wit ya bad self, sista!