Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Celebrating Dalin

Every mom says, on their kids birthday, "I can't believe how old they are! Time goes by so fast!" So pardon the cliche, but I truly can't believe that my baby is 4!

I can't believe I have 5 kids. I can't believe that my oldest is in 8th grade. I can't believe my baby is 4!

Dalin was laying on the couch this morning, pretending to be a baby, sucking on a pretend pacifier. I had a flash back to when he was a new born. He was so perfect...his bright blue eyes and dark brown hair. He brought so much joy into my life. Joy that our family was complete, joy that he was here safe and joy because I knew that my life would never be the same (check out why here).

D surprised me and came 3 weeks early. I labored all day, not believing that it was real labor. Around 5:00pm James strongly recommended that we go to the hospital. When we got there, it was a full moon AND had been storming. (For those of you in the medical field you know that that is a double whammy for hospitals!)

My labor at the hospital was hard, mostly because of the horrible epidural, but Dalin was born at 11:36 pm and weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz.



 He completed us. His bold, precise energy filled our home with love and made each one of us realize how lucky we were to be alive and to be a family.
He has taught me so much in his 4 years on this earth and I can say with all seriousness that I am a better and stronger person because of him. Thank you, Dalin! We love you! Happy Birthday!






No comments: