Let me give you a brief rundown on my week, I promise it will be brief so I don't confuse and/or bore you.
Monday-Thursday Lyndon(9) and Lois(5) come at 6 am and fall asleep on our couch, then Monday, Tuesday and Thursday Ashton and Savannah come at 7:30 am and stay all day. I take the 4 older kids to school and then I pick up Lydon and Lois from school along with my kids. So from 3:00-4:00 I have 8 kids running around my house. Sounds crazy, right...well you are right. I go to the school 3 times a day (drop off, kindergarten pick up, older girls pick up). Thank goodness for Fridays when we have no extra kids!!!
Why? You may ask, do I torture my self so...well, James and I are desperately trying to get out of debt and this is the best way we can, so that I can stay home with my kids. The money is great and if it wasn't for James being there during the day I couldn't do it.
So each of these lovely Zoo animals represent an different aspect of my life, because I often get confused if I am at the zoo or in my living room. Here we go.
2. The elephant-the amount of poo I deliver each day to the garbage can, tucked neatly away in a diaper, is equivalent to this large animal. (Malia and Ashton are in diapers.)
3. The tiger, behind bars- When I have an unsuspecting friend drop in this is how I look, I am sure...desperately wanting to be released from my cage of insanity!
4. The monkey- Did you not here me say EIGHT children!!! I know you have been to the zoo and seen a cage full of monkeys. Need I say more?
5. The Ostrich-Some days I wish I could slap on a pair-o-ostrich legs and run far far away.
6.The Zebra-Here's a little song I learned when I was little...feel free to sing along if you know it..."The zebra, the zebra, I never could decided if he was white wearing black stripes or black with stripes of white, oh please, mister zebra, tell me which is right!" I, like the Zebra, am often in a state of confusion... such as, "What's for lunch?" "Why are you writing on the wall?" "Where did you find that?" "What is in your mouth?" "Do we put noodles in our nose?" "Are you a little girl or a monkey?" "Your teacher wants you to do what by tomorrow?" "Can't mommy just use the potty for one minute alone?"
I am so confused.
7. The duck- I have noticed a little more waddle to my walk. There is this funny thing about too many calories going into the mouth and not enough being burned...I forget exactly how it goes...
8. The camel- Ya know how Camels can store large amounts of water in their humps...well I feel like I have to store up that much patients to get through one day.
9. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming! Try to keep my head above water!!!
Feel free to make your own. It is actually quite therapeutic!