Monday, November 9, 2009

My Baby is Two!!

Who could forget those Chubs!



Malia Ann is 2!!! I can't believe that she is 2!!! I remember as if it were yesterday bringing her home. The day Malia was born was a crazy one. It was the longest day of my life. We arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am. Malia was posterior and for the past 3 weeks I had had excruciation back pain. I was going to have my water broken, but the hospital and my mid-wife had huge communications errors and I didn't actually start into labor until after 12pm. Malia finally arrived at 4:20pm. Her delivery was insanely painfully and I was pretty traumatized by the whole thing. I had Baily without pain med and, though it hurt a whole lot, I loved it and was so happy with how it turned out. Malia's birth was not so fun. Because she was posterior it was a lot harder.

I can still remember how swollen her little face was and she even had some broken blood vessels on her face and her eyes. It was so sad.

Malia captured all of our hearts from day 1. I don't know of another baby who receives more kisses and loves than her. Her older brother and sisters are so good to her. She has always been a daddies girl and on more occasions that I would like to admit would rather be with him than me!

Here are a few things that we love about Malia, and maybe a few things that are tell-tale signs of a 2 year old that we could do without:

-She loves to sing. She will sing songs all day long. Mostly when she is playing with something or in the bath tub.

-Before she goes to sleep she will go around telling everyone goodnight and giving kisses.

-We like to play the "Maggie Simpson" game with her...we will all sit on the couch and she will stand several feet away by the TV, and we will all say at the same time, "Come to the one you love best!" and she will run to the lucky person. The kids have stooped to bribing her with candy and what-not to be the winners. We have played this game for hours on some occasions.
-She will shout of the top of her lungs for "Baily" to "Stop IT!".

-She knows how to spell her name thanks to the Leap Frog "My Pal Scout" that she got for her birthday. It is the coolest toy ever. You can program the child's name into the dog and it will sings songs about them, say and spell their name...it is so cool!

-She is often found running around without a diaper. She loves the fresh air, I guess.

-She always has a bump or scrape on her face (show me a 2 year old who doesn't)
-Her daddy has nicknamed her "Fluffy" for obvious reasons. It is one of those nicknames that will not be able to continue for too long. She might have serious self-esteem issues if James is calling her that as she is walking out the door for her first date.

-When we hear the cat screeching in pain, we know where to find Malia.
What would we do without her??? Happy Birthday Fluffy!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Ya...watching Malia's birth was good birth control! Can you believe I had a baby of my own after that? I can't :)
I love that girl! It was so good to have you guys here for the weekend! Love ya!

Unknown said...

She is definitely one of a kind and so very special to us. It's great that she and Zac can pal around together. It's hard to believe it's been 2 years (almost for Zacky) since they were born!!! Time flies too fast!