Sunday, March 25, 2012

mr grumpy pants

Dalin woke up from his nap grumpy today. He actually does this every day. I am really bothered by this. It takes 10-20 minutes for him to "happy-up". Today was no different.

I was sitting on the couch with him today after his nap and it hit me...I am the exact same way. I hate waking up. If I was a 1 year old I would cry too. I feel like crying every time the morning comes, but I am a big girl, and can't throw the fit that I feel inside.

So, Dalin, I am okay with you waking up grumpy. I know how you feel...

2 comments:

David said...

It's interesting how that changes, like a lightbulb, a change in perspective that makes it easier to handle life. I was listening to the radio yesterday and heard this song that has these words in the chorus "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I had this image in my head of a person being beaten nigh to death, and then getting up like a phoenix ever stronger for the experience. Then I thought how that is part of why we chose to come to earth. Knowing it doesn't get rid of frustrations. But it gives some bit more of understanding of the nature of life.

Unknown said...

I know how you feel too baby boy!