Friday, May 3, 2013

Muddy Hands

I was out early one morning before anyone was awake.  Riding my bike, which is my favorite form of exercise!

As I cruised down my favorite hill a particular question that had been overwhelming me the last day or so ran through my mind again, "Will I ever be good enough? Will I ever get it right?"

A particular quote came to my mind that I learned from my mentor, It's not about PERFECTION, it's about PROGRESSION!

And then I heard the still, quiet voice of the spirit, who so eloquently speaks to us on behalf of a loving Heavenly Father say,

"Are you progressing?"

I thought for a moment and then said "Yes..."

"Then don't worry. My child, I need you to be as patient with yourself as I am with you."

Those profound words warmed my heart and I knew that I would be okay, that I was good enough and I was getting it right.

As I am typing this my sweet Dalin came inside looking like this:

"Wash it Mommy!" He pleaded! The playing in the mud was really fun, but the mess it created was not as fun.

I again felt the overwhelming love my Father in Heaven has for me. When we come to him with muddied hands, he doesn't send us away and tell us to figure it out for ourselves...He scoops us up in his arms and carries us to the sink. He washes our hands with soap and warm water, making sure to get any extra mud on our arms and elbows. Then he kisses us on the forehead and sends us off to play again, knowing full well that we will probably get in the mud again.

Thank you, Dalin for teaching me such a timely lesson. It is not about perfection, if it is for you, you will always fail. It is about progression...getting muddy and then knowing where to go to be cleansed.

No comments: