Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"Get Your Sword Out of the Fridge!" And Other Crazy Things You'll hear me say


I opened the fridge the other day and there was Dalin's foam sword, conversing with the milk.

Dalin is constantly at my side and so I said to him, "Hey D! Get your sword out of the fridge."

"Okay." He said as he grabbed it, and ran off to hit the dog with it.

There are many times where I have to remind myself to laugh, so that I don't cry.

Like today. When I was putting clothes away upstairs, I heard a lot of giggling, then the sliding glass door opening and then the rushing and splashing of water. I fought my instinct to ignore it...sometimes that seems easier than facing it...but I ran downstairs to find the kitchen floor covered in an inch of water. Kylee (my eye witness) quickly informed me that Malia (5) had been spraying the hose, turned on full blast, at the sliding glass door and that Dalin had his face pressed against the glass, giggling. In his little 2 1/2 year old mind he then wondered what would happen if the glass wasn't there anymore, so he slid the door open. Need I go on??

I am a fairly quiet, low energy lady, by nature, and often times yearn for some peace and quiet...But like any good grandmother will tell you, you must enjoy those little water flinging, sword waving munchkins while you can, before they are grown and gone. (((sigh)))

So instead of crying, we laughed about it and I made sure I documented the experience in my journal so I can tell them about it when they are grown and gone!

***Stay tuned for the story of the night my 7 and 5 year old girls decided to paper mache a balloon in their bedroom at 10 o'clock at night using a homemade concoction of water and flour. Then, when they realized it wasn't working so well decided to have a paper mache flinging party instead. Ever try to clean a mixture of water and flour out of your carpet???  I actually did cry that night.

1 comment:

Robin Hansen said...

I am so glad to see you are back at it! I have so missed being able to keep up with the family goings on. I love to read what you post! Keep it up! And yes, enjoy them now, it goes by way too fast!!