Thursday, May 8, 2014

You're Not a Tree



I came across a great talk in my studies today that really spoke to me. I have been in a  funk the last few weeks and have thrown several pity parties (sorry I didn't get the invites sent out in time...). Reading this talk, by David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints infused me with a new strength to pull myself up by the boot straps and get going! In his bold and awesome way he says:

"As you and I come to understand and employ the enabling power of the atonement in our personal lives, we will pray and seek for strength to change our circumstances rather than praying for our circumstances to be changed. We will become agents who "ACT" rather than objects to be "ACTED UPON."

You can read the whole article here.

I identified one thing (I have LOTS, but just chose one for now so I can actually do it) that I can change and not be a victim to anymore. Good reminder, eh?

No comments: