Tuesday, June 17, 2008

THE HOST


Okay, I just finished reading Stephenie Meyers latest book, The Host. For those of you who don't know she's the LDS author who wrote the Twilight series (the vampire books). It took me a while to get into the book and there were some slow parts, but I must say that I LOVED THE END, and loved the message that the book had to offer.


The book summed up the reason why being human is so extraordinary. I relate it to the plan of salvation and why Heavenly Father gave us our free agency. (and if your a parent you know hard that free agency thing is...letting your kids make their own choices...) Yes-there is a lot of evil, vile, mean things and people in this world, but being human, children of God is a wonderful privilege. If you haven't read the book this blog might totally confuse you, but I would totally recommend you read it. It was a great book!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Loved your review! And I agree 100%. Glad you liked it. I'm reading it over, and the begining made more sense to me this time! I love this book too! So many cool things to read and learn about. Yes, I did learn from it!!!